Sunday, September 12, 2010

Homecoming, Space RPGs, and Jim Henson!


If my lack of organized film reviews haven't been enough of a hint, it is rather obvious that I haven't made a trip to the cinema in quite some time to see a film. In my boredom, I have been writing these 'recent happenings' articles to compensate for a lack of film reviews. This just happens to be another one of those articles.

Anyway, at the conclusion of my previous post I mentioned that I got Mass Effect 2. I haven't been able to play it much thanks to the over abundance of homework but so far it is a fairly decent game. The story is great and very interactive, the combat is fun and its just all around exciting. I will post a full review to the site at a later date when I have had adequate time to play the thing. But, I am a sucker for RPGs so I'm sure it will end up having a great score.

In other news, I will (hopefully) be attending my high school's homecoming dance this year. The reason I so carefully stuck hopefully in that sentence is because I have not received an official answer from the leading lady I asked yet. Although it strikes me as odd that she would take an entire weekend to tell me no, you never know what could happen. So now we play the ever-popular waiting game. While not many things seem to get me down, I would in fact be bothered and a little sad if she did in fact shoot me down. But that's just life I guess. In all honesty, it has been quite a stretch for me to do this whole "homecoming" thing this year so I hope its all worth the trouble. I think it will be. Considering the person I asked. Shes pretty great. Anyway, I will update you on that and tell you all how it goes.

I've been thinking a lot about the Muppets lately. I love the Muppets. There is just something about....well, them that I just love. That is why I worship the very ground the Muppet Movie treads. That movie is most of the reason for my existence. I also cant help thinking about how incredibly awesome the creator Jim Henson is. I worship that man as well. I think I admire him so much because he lived his life doing what he wanted to do most. He was happy. One great thing about him was that he shared that happiness with others. I just think that's interesting. The man had almost a drive to share happiness with other people. I think that's pretty cool.

Anyway, that's whats been happening with me. Now I need to head over to the theaters so I can review something and not drone on about my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment